David Nabarro is a widely experienced and long time City practitioner with 40 plus years broking and corporate finance experience, both in the UK and overseas, particularly in the mid-cap natural resources and financial sectors.
He founded NABARRO WELLS & Co. Ltd in 1990, helping grow that company into one of the UK's leading independent small-midcap AIM advisory and corporate finance houses.
In 2008, Nabarro Wells was acquired by the AIM listed Ambrian Capital PLC and he became a director of Ambrian Partners, its investment subsidiary, advising AIM listed companies and on M&A and capital raisings.
David was formerly:
- An individual member of the London Stock Exchange (1977-1985)
- A partner in the stock broking firm, Laurie Milbank & Co, (1978-1985)
- An executive director of Prudential Bache (capital funding) equities Ltd. (1986-1990)
- The founder and chief executive of Nabarro Wells & Co. Ltd (1990-2008)
- He formerly managed a substantial UK equities portfolio on a discretionary basis for George Soros' Quantum fund (1983-1990) and today manages the MathEngine PLC investment portfolio.
- In May 2010 he founded Cato Strategic Ltd., his new corporate finance advisory vehicle.
- In August 2010 he co-founded Hampden& Co., Bankers, the newly licensed, deposit taking, UK private bank.